Interim CEO, CSO, COO
In the course of his 40+ years in leadership positions in the technology industry, Mark Palmer has earned a reputation for leading organizations through challenges that are generally perceived as difficult, if not undoable.
Whether as a CEO, COO or sales executive, Palmer has consistently demonstrated an ability to hire, develop and guide high performing teams focused on a common objective while embracing the values of integrity, accountability and trust.
He is experienced in refocusing and restructuring technology companies faced with the need for a dramatic turnaround and rapid growth.
SELECT INTERIM EXPERIENCE
Company Stage Focus: Turnaround/Distressed, Public, Private, Late Stage Venture Funded
Interim CEO & Turnaround, Health Clinics Serving 50,000 patient visits a year
Developed plan, reestablished trust with stakeholders, restructured the board, the organization, the debt and the relationships with both federal and local regulators. Secured performance based funding and recruited a world class CEO in 91 days.
Interim CSO $25M Public Internet Software Company
Restored struggling sales force to 50% annual growth the first year. Results included recruitment of international sales force, establishing a sales process, development of sales tools and a clear distribution strategy.
Interim EVP, Strategy, $20 Million Software Company
Led the development of long-term growth strategy resulting in an exit strategy. Negotiated the profitable sales to a leading international services company.
Interim CEO, $1.5M Enterprise Software Services Company
Transitioned the company from a services company to a product company. Developed partnerships with IBM, Salesforce.com and Sun Microsystems, Increased revenue 84%. Negotiated the profitable sale of the company to a financial services software leader.
Interim CEO, $6M Information Services to Financial Services industry
Develop the plan, restructured and led the transition from a $6M professional services company to a $16M software product company. Established key partnerships with industry leaders. Establish and executed on a successful exit strategy to an industry leader.
• CEO of Software Services company, successful transition for a services business model to a product based business model resulting in average sales price transition from $50,000 to $830,000 with increase in revenue of $6M to 16M. Led successful exit to industry leader.
• CSO of computer hardware company. Took over newer distribution channel (resellers, integrators) and grew it from $150M -$350M in 12 months.
• Sales leader at computer firm and took struggling organization from $5-$50M in 12 months.
• CSO for a computer hardware computer firm. Grew new B2B venture from $0-$20M in 12 months.
• CEO, Federally Qualified Health Clinics serving 17,000 individual from out of cash to functional funded organization.
• Visus, LLC, $2M Software Services Company
• Trimark Technology Inc, $16M Enterprise Software Product Company
• Computer Services Corporation, $10M Public Information Services Company
• Center for Entrepreneurship and Engineering Management (CEEM)
• Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics.\ Federally Qualified Health Clinic
• 2001 Distinguished Executive in Residence at Graziado School of Business and Management, Pepperdine University
• Founding Father of Technology Management Program at UCSB
• Guest lecturer, Leadership, Westmont College
• Guest lecturer, Turnaround, Executive MBA, Program, Pepperdine University
• Guest lecturer, Turnaround, Sales Leadership, UCSB
Years Executive Experience: (40)
Years as an Interim Exec: (14)
# Interim Roles: (6)
# Board Roles: (6)
Company Size: ($1M-$200M)
• Building a Management Team
• Business Development
• Direct Sales
• Sales Management
• Partner Programs
• Sales Forecasting
• Sales Force Effectiveness
• Exit Strategy
• Building Scalability & Profitable Growth
• Alignment of Stakeholders
• Information Services
• SaaS and Cloud Computing
• Software Development
• Non-Profit Organizations