AIE is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You can be assured that any information by which you can be identified when using this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
AIE reserves the right to change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you understand any changes. This policy is effective from June 7, 2012.
What we collect
We collect the following information as a condition of membership:
- name and corporate title(s)
- contact information including email address and phone number (this information is not publicly displayed)
- demographic information such as postal address (in order that the search database can accurately display your location for searching companies, though we will never show street address publicly)
- other information relevant to your status as an executive and past assignments (posted on your personal profile page)
- Data about your past and current assignments (this information will be used to draw information about the interim industry as a whole)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to qualify you for the AIE and to ensure that you come up accurately in search results on the AIE website in addition to search results. We will use your information for the following:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about network updates, events, special offers, or other information which we think you may find relevant to your practice, using the email or physical mailing address which you have provided.
- We may occasionally contact you by phone to update you about services and upcoming events, using the phone number which you have provided.
- From time to time, we will use your contact information to send you a communication from our sponsors. Your contact information will, however, be kept confidential and any communication will be sent through a secure third party.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which event the data held by us about our members and web site users will be one of the transferred assets. The acquirer will, however, be bound by this policy.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Any personally identifiable information that you provide will be secured with industry standard protocols and technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may update or change your personal information at any time by logging into www.interimexecs.org.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may cancel this agreement at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com, after which we will remove your data from the association and your membership will terminate at that time without refund of any fees or dues.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at either of the following addresses:
1450 Techny Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
In addition to the services provided via the Network’s website and related arenas, we host many events to which members are invited. Members, non-members, speakers and guests who attend these events hereby grant to interimCEO, Inc., its affiliates and their respective agents the unrestricted right and license to use the member’s name, likeness and voice in any photograph, production, reproduction, distribution, transmission, publication, public performance, broadcast or telecast of such events attended by the member.
We allow other companies, called ad networks, to serve advertisements to members. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We may “target” some ads to some members that fit a certain general profile – for example, “CFOs in Manufacturing.” To deliver these ads properly, we may include a file, called a web beacon, from these ad networks within pages served by us so the networks may provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers as well as to target ads to you while you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
Communications between members
If passwords used
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.